Location: Port Charlotte, Florida
Enrollment: 240 Students
Student/Faculty Ratio: Average 12:1
Average Class Size:
- Montessori – 19-24 students with Lead Teacher & Assistant Teacher
- 4th -8th Grade – 19-24 students
Financial Aid: Currently Charlotte Prep allocates a percentage of the budget for assistance. Students may also be eligible for an Elizabeth B. McGraw Scholarships. We accept McKay and Step Up for Students. For more information on scholarships and financial assistance, please call our office.
Campus: 10 acres
Governed by: Volunteer Board of Trustees
Grades: Montessori Pre-K through 3rd Grade and Academic Prepatory 4th-8th grades
Students Drawn From: Port Charlotte, Punta Gorda, North Port, Venice, Sarasota, Fort Myers, Boca Grande, Englewood, and Arcadia
Alumni: Graduates of CA on average are in the top 5% of area public & private schools.
- 3rd – 5th grade students score two to four grade levels above their peer group.
- 75% of 6th – 8th grade students score post-high school across the board.
- 60% of 6th grade students qualify for the Duke University Talent Identification Program (Duke TIP).
Colors: Green and Gold
Accreditations / Memberships:
- American Montessori Society (AMS)
- Independent School Management (ISM)
After School Activities:
- Girls on the Run
- Spanish Club
- Book Club
- Phin Lab (STEM)
- Drama Club
- Math Club
- Builders Club
- Tae Kwon Do
- Model United Nations
- Flag Football (co-ed)
- Cross Country (co-ed)
- Volleyball (girls)
- Boys Basketball
- Girls Basketball
- Track and Field (co-ed)
- Tennis (co-ed)