Parent Early Drop-Off:
7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
8:00 a.m. – 8:15 a.m. 4th-8th Grades
8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. Pre-primary through Third Grade
2:45 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
From 8:00 to 8:15 a.m. teachers are engaged in preparing the classroom environment and are not available. Should you need to speak with a teacher, please leave either a message or a phone call request in the Front Office. Teachers are available daily after 3:15 p.m. by appointment only. The teachers sincerely appreciate your consideration and cooperation in respecting this time frame and procedure.
If a student needs to be dismissed during school hours for a special appointment, parents/guardians are to call the school to notify the Front Office.
Students will be sent to the Front Office and must be signed out by the parent/guardian or persons authorized on the student enrollment form.
- Parents/guardians are to notify the school by 8:30 a.m. when a child is absent from school.
- Parents/guardians may request work for absent students. Requests are to be made before noon for work to be available for pick up after 3:30 p.m.
- More than five absences in a quarter marking period will be reviewed by the Head of School.
Parents/guardians should plan vacations around the school calendar.
- It is the responsibility of the student to notify teachers at least 24 hours in advance of a one or two day planned absence so teachers may gather the student’s work.
- If special family circumstances occur that require extended absences, please notify teachers at least a week in advance of when absences are anticipated.
Students have two school days to make up work for each day of school missed. It is the responsibility of the student to make certian that make-up work is in his/her possession.
Tardiness interferes with the student’s opportunity to focus and impacts the morning procedures for the entire class. Punctuality is critical to effectively utilize all available instructional time.
- Upper and Middle School Grade students (4th-8th) are tardy after 8:15 a.m. Pre-primary and Lower Elementary students are tardy after 8:30 a.m.
- Parents must sign-in tardy students at the front office.
- Five tardies in one marking period will equal one absence for that marking period.
- Tardies will be excused with written notes regarding doctor appointments or emergencies.